Archive of sourceforge repository "htcuniversal"
- Kernel 22.214.171.124
- SD card slot (tested a 4gb class 6 kingmax and a class 6 generic 8gb sdhc)
- Max1587a (still need to fix charge function, says not enough power to charge)
- Asic3 Buttons -(vol, up, cam, etc...)
- Automatic screen rotation through lid state switches
- Touch screen
- Bluetooth - Broken in donut and eclair builds
- Usb host
- Now runs at 520mhz default instead of 416
- Keyboard and button backlights work through android
- Switched to using the RTC8564 (didn't know we had this) instead of the pxa2xxRTC so now we have the correct time, date, and year.
- Power Management - kinda, Getting the correct real time clock seemed to have fixed the suspend/resume function as well as letting android restart when it crashes. Still need to figure out how to power down the screen
- Led's - Red, Green, Blue, and vibrate.
- Audio - Initalized in kernel + built driver = no sound seems like it should work
- WiFi - Cannot build for android 126.96.36.199 kernel
- Phone - Got kernel to see the chip - need to make power driver and figure out how to access thru android
- Camera's - Got the kernel to see both of the camera's - only need drivers
How to install android:
- Download Linux (tar.bz2 file) and Haret(android.zip)
- Connect SD card to PC with Linux OS
- Create 1 small(40MB) fat16 partiotion for Haret with GParted on SD card
- Create ext2 partiotion for Linux on SD card
- Create 64MB swap partiotion on SD card
- Start MC as root
- Unpack and copy all files from tar.bz2 file to ext2 partition with MC
- Unpack and copy all files from android.zip file to fat16 partiotion
- If ext2 partition is second partition skip this point.
Edit startup.txt file. "
mmcblk0p2" mean, that ext2 is second partition. For example If you have ext2 as third partiotion edit
- Unmount SD card from PC and put it to HTC Uni
- Turn Off WiFi and turn on Phone
- Run haret-w.exe from SD card. Have fun :)
Source: XDA-developers: Android on the Universal by notime2d8